Skip to main content

tv   The Five  FOX News  September 2, 2014 1:00am-2:01am PDT

1:00 am
"varney & company." "the five" is next. hello, everyone. happy labor day. i'm kimberly guilfoyle. it's 5:00 in new york city, and this is "the five." well, thank you for joining us tonight. on this labor day, while millions of americans remain unemployed, president obama won't give up trying to convince us that we're all better off with his economy. >> it's pretty hard to find an economic measure where we're not significantly better off. >> we recovered faster, we've gone farther than almost any country on earth. >> the good news is the economy clearly is getting stronger. things are getting better. thanks to the decisions we made to rescue and rebuild our
1:01 am
economy and your hard work and resilience, america's leading again. >> hmm. but are we really better off? because more than one-third of americans say they are worse off than they were five years ago, according to a new federal reserve report. less than half those surveyed said they couldn't even cover a $400 expense without borrowing or selling something. in a recent poll shows 76% of adults lack confidence that their kids will have a better life than they do. are we all better off with president obama's which he? ask yourself that question, eric. >> i see what you did there. it's labor day. you're talking about jobs, right? that's very good, k.g. did you know 109 million americans actually get some form of welfare? clearly one in three americans are somehow getting something from the government. >> social security net? >> i'm including everything. 109 million americans getting something.
1:02 am
talking about welfare. >> not social security, okay. >> so that coupled with 63% labor participation rate, one of the lowest in the last 40 years, household net worths are actually down since president obama took over. it's a sad picture, it shouldn't be labor day, it should be lazy day. people not working. >> why aren't they working? because they don't want to? they're not out getting a job? the jobs simply aren't there? >> the manufacturing and the tech jobs, they're going overseas. this week we heard about ferguson -- but those are high-paying administrative jobs going to canada and other countries. what we do continue to have is fast food workers at the french fry counter, not at the management level. so we're creating all these part-time fast food jobs, and all our important, high-paying jobs -- >> does he order them to send people out of the country? >> warren buffett is one of the biggest contributors. >> that's what's going to
1:03 am
happen. the good jobs are going to go elsewhere. >> andrew, we have the punitive essentially tax system in this country where the more you make, the more we'll punish you and stifle the creativity and entrepreneurship out of your body until you have no choice but to move to canada. >> and that's exactly what burger king -- it's funny eric should mention that -- burger king last week tried to become a canadian citizen. so you have companies, k.g., that are running away from the united states of america instead of to the united states of america. because of our oppressive tax system. >> reverse border issue. >> president obama tried to tackle this with a simpson-bowles commission. it's one thing bob and i agree on. they came together. it wasn't a perfect tax structure they proposed, but it was a bipartisan plan, and the president, he didn't touch it. maybe he used it for kindling this winter. and burned it up because no one looked at it on capitol hill. we have the highest corporate tax rate. so it's really hard to create jobs and obamacare has really shifted us into this part-time anemic economy. now, the fed chairman, janet yell, though they've pumped tons
1:04 am
of money into the economy, you have a number of people who i do believe want to work, but you've got people, k.g., ph.d. master's degrees, as eric points out, working part-time jobs. it's a sad state. they can't find full-time work. more people are working part time than in the state of washington alone. that's a huge number of people. and i know bob's going to go yeah, but the stock market, the stock market, when clinton at least was in office, you had a raging stock market and a raging labor market. we only have one. you need the labor market. >> we had some other raging things when clinton was in office, too. >> he had a couple. >> i'm really depressed. happy labor day, everybody. okay. let's go find the nooses. go down to the hardware store to hang yourself. look, actually, this is a testament to the strength of our free market system, that it can sustain such internal attacks by those in charge. leftism is like a massive trailer that you attach to a race car. and the economy, the capitalist economy is that race car that just moves a little slower as it
1:05 am
pulls this burden of liberalism. in a weird way, president obama is praising the very system that he despises when he says look, things are coming together. what's he's really talking about is the cyclical nature of our economy. its ability to withstand the kind of damages that a bloated government does. now, remember, the government will always continue growing. to him, that is an economy. he looks at a government as its own separate economy. and profit is seen as debt and then in the government, debt is actual profit because it means you've expanded. the economy actually shrank by 3%. that means the government actually grew by comparison. that is a victory in his mind. >> all right. well, that was an interesting take on it. bobby? >> well, this is labor day. listen, all this is -- we have a high corporate tax rate. that's right. we also have the most number of deductions available to
1:06 am
corporations. they pay lower taxes than an awful lot of european countries do. and under obama, i have not seen corporate taxes go up all that much. i don't know what everybody's talking about. now, individuals have gone up some. not much. i mean, eric's went up. mine went up. probably the three of us here went up a little says bit. nd the --ly. and you know, here's the other thing from a political standpoint. >> fact check here a little bit. we have the highest corporate tax rate in the free world. >> but we have the highest number of deductions. >> but we have the highest corporate tax rate in the world. how would you explain pfizer, burger king, jumping ship going to other countries? >> because a lot of these third-world countries have become prosperous like brazil and india. and these guys will sell their country out in a second with their cheap labor. >> it's not cheap labor. they're not sending managers over there to get cheap managerial labor. >> yes, they are. >> it's called an inversion. it's a tax inversion. they're going over there to -- >> the other thing about why this is not going to be a big political issue is compared to
1:07 am
where people thought they were five or six years ago, things are better. and so it's not -- >> but where are you getting that from? because that's in direct contradictions to the polling. >> no, no, it's not. what did you say the number of people said they were worse off five years ago? >> what was it, 76%? >> bob's getting at actually a fact. sometimes very shocking, but you are getting to a fact. the offspring are actually better off, but it has nothing to do with how much money they're making. it has to do with life span and luxury. a poor kid today has more gadgets and electronics than the king of england at the turn of the 20th century. we lead better lives thanks to progress in medicine, we have amazing hygiene, ulcers are gone, aids is a manageable disease. some cancers, if they're caught early. we actually live in the greatest time to be alive on this planet. but that has nothing to do with the money that we're making. it has to do with the innovation
1:08 am
of the american people and their ability to create things. what's missing, however, what we're losing in all this, family tradition, patients, the community is dying. we're watching that. the strike that we're seeing in our country has to do with the decline in community. >> that's the most important point because by the way, every industrial country in the world is exporting jobs out to cheap labor markets. come on. >> bob, why can't we want to do more and to make it better? he's president still 2016. what's he going to do to encourage citizens to stay here in this country and stimulate the economy? >> if you know you can get cheaper labor by going over to -- you're going to go. >> obamacare has any business that's above a certain number of employees that has to cover these employees, many of these businesses have cut their workers down to part-time status, okay? a lot of these businesses like eric mentions pfizer. one of the first companies to the table to push for obamacare. then goes and pulls a huge hypocritical move and tries to move over to the uk to hide his
1:09 am
taxes. >> i know you know a lot about obamacare. the one issue that's going to be out there in november. >> that's because of every ensuing scandal has piled up. >> 1% of the vote will be on obamacare. >> you touched on november and the midterm elections, everything coming up. how is this going to impact. will the economy play a big role in the november elections? let's take it around. >> it will not because everything else, expectations matters in politics. and expectations about the economy are better than they were before. i think the democrats will
1:10 am
>> so i think, yeah, you know what really is weighing on the american people? $4 a gallon gasoline. i don't care what you say. you go to middle america and you pull into a gas station, it's 4 bucks a gallon. no matter how much money you make on the east coast or west coast, the only time it's ever been $4 a gallon, in spite president bush opened up offshore drilling. >> andrea, what issues do you think are going to be big play right now for the democrats coming up if they're going to be able to try and hold at least half, what are we going to see? >> i think bob makes a very good point about republicans and getting their act together on messaging. the unemployment rate was so much lower under president george bush and democrats were screaming from the rooftops. it is all relative. people are saying the economy
1:11 am
was falling apart in 2008. and now it's better than it was before. however, you mentioned managing expectations, bob. president obama said he would fix all of this, and he promised the millennials a lot. even though they have all these gadgets and great toys and this wonderful technology innovation, they don't have jobs. and they're strapped with amazing astronomical college debt. >> i couldn't agree with you more. >> businesses are petrified to move forward because they don't know what's going to happen. the one thing they do have certainty on is possibly gridlock for the next two years. i really do think obamacare will be a lot bigger than you think. my sister said as she delivers news on health care, look, you can keep your plan. obama said you can keep your plan, but it will go up 100%. people are feeling not good about this economy. >> two, the right wing of the republican -- the tea party people that everybody said was such a great infusion has cost the republican party dearly. they should have won the senate the last two times around. they should have.
1:12 am
they put these witches and wackos. >> there were three of them, unlike the 20 or 30 in your party. the republican party is not defined by the extremists the way your party is. >> yes, it is. >> your party may have, by exception, a few moderates. but your party has veered so left, we now have a democratic candidate who's running as a conservative by comparison. hillary is a conservative compared. >> you're exactly right. they have suffered from being liberals. but if you look at the polling, these are facts that the american people have a very negative view of the tea party and they worry about the republican party which they used to think was a reasonable party. they thought the democrats were reasonable for some time. >> i think that they feel critical of everybody in government. from the tea party and one end to occupy wall street and the other. about the midterms, people who are worried about the country and care will vote. the people who don't care will not vote. that's the power of dependency. you don't have to vote. if you're already getting what you need, you don't have to vote. that's the beauty of being a liberal.
1:13 am
>> i think that visual, bob, of the president golfing and being detached and the democrats piling on to him for not being as engaged, i do think when you pile that on to all of the scandals, the irs, when you pile that on to the v.a. scandal, when you look at what's happening with the world burning and obama teeing off literally playing golf and going to bachelor parties, i think it's really a bad situation for democrats right now. >> there's no doubt about that, but it's not nearly as bad as it could have been. the republicans should win this thing in a romp. >> right. and you're saying the number one issue, the people should vote with their bopocketbooks, right? do i have gas to put in my car and cash to pay my bills. >> greg, you're right. you don't have to vote when you're getting stuff, but they do need to vote to continue to get this stuff and therein lies the problem. once you hit 51% or 52%, forget it, you'll never see another republican in office again. that's why if you're a republican you're sick of it and you've got to get out and vote and make sure you don't hit that
1:14 am
tipping point. >> well, that was a very interesting block. i like it. >> upbeat. >> exactly. next on "the five" -- >> more upbeat than the first one. >> it's that time of year again, back-to-school time. college freshmen are beginning their first year on campus, and we've got advice for them on how to survive their first year and beyond coming up. we're sending bob back to school.
1:15 am
1:16 am
1:17 am
1:18 am
♪ what did you do today ♪ i did nothing ♪ what did you do at school ♪ i didn't go ♪ why didn't you go to school ♪ i don't know ♪ it's cool a website made a list of rookie mistakes that freshmen make in their first week this college. most of it was stupid stuff like locking yourself out of your dorm room. the real mistakes, not forcing students to learn these four things. number one, where stuff comes from or how things are made. number two, how stuff gets paid for like your tuition, ipad and prescription medication. why most of the world is still a mess as america prospers for now. if you teach these three things, then every anti-western professor on campus looks like a
1:19 am
moron, which is why they avoid such truths. and you must learn it on your own. the fourth thing one must learn and it's important, do not mistake sheep for rebels. you'll be swamped by people who acclaim that their outspoken and edgy. they will try to impress their differences on you as a meth of expre method of expressing their fake uniqueness. they will wear victimhood as a badge of honor. when it's just a substitute for identity. it's an alluring shtick and weaker minds and spines fall for it. identity politics is the 7-eleven of self-esteem, a quick stop who become whoever you are. but if it's so easy, how could it be unique? how could it mean anything? like all ideologies, it creates a dead mind. it stops thought, the kind that challenges their narrow view. so they go to college, and their mind atrophies. so here's my tiff when the lockstep comes lurking, masquerading as rebellion, tell them you got over that in kindergarten. >> all right. andrea, do you have any tips for
1:20 am
college incoming freshmen, things that they should know about? >> i do. >> i'd like to hear them. in alphabetical order, please. >> let's see. "a," taking too much advantage of your meal plan. the freshmen 15 is real, everybody. girls, it's very, very real, so be very, very careful. >> should they care if they're gaining weight? >> yes. >> they should? >> yes, you should. believe me, you should. >> did you gain 15 pounds? >> i gained a couple pounds. i did. getting sloppy at house parties. that's another one. first impressions are everything. you will get a reputation if you do something really stupid. at a fraternity party. well, most people would agree with me, bob. >> you went at a different time, bob. >> thank god. >> choosing to stay together with your high school sweetheart. i'm telling you, you spend so much time on the phone having these long conversations. i miss you, miss you, too. forget it. it's not going to last. he'll probably cheat on you. you'll cheat on him. just go out and have fun with
1:21 am
your girlfriends. >> did you ever have one in high school? >> no. i'm, like, just break up with him and go have some fun. >> that is so sad. all of us have either been on one side or the other of that relationship. somebody goes away and then they call and then you do the same thing and then everything happens. >> and you spend your freshmen year sobbing. >> i ended up three years in jail for that one. eric, anything that you -- a tip that you would give to a young -- >> live on campus. >> i like that. >> just at least your first year. if you want to move off after your first year, then do it. >> senior year. >> absolutely. eventually. at least one or two years. i happened to live in the fraternity house for four years, loved it. you almost did. but get to know the campus, get to know the people. it's a great experience. also, i would stay single for a while. and ang, i agree with you that keeping that person, that significant other from high school is a bad --
1:22 am
>> dump them today. dump them today. pick up the phone. >> there are children watching this show going, these people are evil. >> no, we're right. we know. >> i said children because i'm very old. bob, do you miss college and its perceived lack of responsibility? >> oh, absolutely. listen, here's one of the things. i want to -- you've got an opportunity now, maybe three or four days of college so far, because greg's right, every college is a communist, socialist, disgraceful, anti-western, anti-capitalist place. get out. go to trade school. that's what you need to do. >> right. >> the fact of the matter is, there are some schools like that, not all. i think college is the best four years of my life. and i went through the anti-war movement. it was pretty ugly. we had some kids killed at kent state, jackson state. but it was still a wonderful time. i had -- well, you could do whatever you want. and drugs were -- you don't want to use drugs now because they're much more complicated now. when i was there, they were straightforward. but the other thing is --
1:23 am
>> this is not good advice. >> exactly right. and don't fall for this love of the first one you see. i was out taking my daughter to boulder. everywhere, everywhere, man. just don't pick right now. they'll be around. take your time. >> you truly are the buddha of advice. >> okay. >> kimberly. >> here's the advice. don't break up with anybody. keep them all. breaking up makes people sad. you don't enroll in just one class in college, do you? >> good point. >> you take several. go home and see your boyfriend when you go back home. see your parents. see everybody. have your boyfriend in college. it's all going to work out. >> you kept one in college and one at home? >> i'm just saying. >> what happens when your boyfriend at home calls kimberly, little kimberly, turn your iphone on. i want to facetime you. now show me what's going on in your room. >> hi, sweetie, i'm in the bathroom. call you in 15 minutes. >> who is that under that blanket over there?
1:24 am
>> that's interesting. a suggestion, if you're in college, you've got to somehow create a phone-free zone. so your stupid behavior doesn't follow you the rest of your life. because it's different. >> it's different nowadays. that's the problem. the texts, this and that. now you have to be available versus like oh, i can't call you back because i have to stand in line for the pay phone in the hallway. now, those were the days. >> big surprise, i got really loaded, i got in line for breakfast the next morning, i was at the wrong college. i said, gosh, this is much better food. what happened? >> the encould have been far wo. >> far worse. >> i woke up one morning and -- >> you ever lost your car when you're loaded? >> no. >> no, bob. >> i lost my shoes and my car once. >> and your mind. >> that was gone a long time ago. >> i think this is the point where you close the segment. >> i think so. next, if you're one of a lot of people looking for jobs this labor day, we've got advice for what not to do when you land the job interview, so stay tuned.
1:25 am
1:26 am
1:27 am
1:28 am
1:29 am
1:30 am
well, a lot of americans are unemployed and looking for jobs this labor day. and if you're one of them and need some tips on what not to say during a job interview, we've got them. here are some things that career advisers suggest. don't tell the interviewer you're really nervous. no company wants to hire someone who lacks confidence. so fake it that you're not. let's talk money. don't ever discuss salary in the early stages of the interview process. only near the very end when they really like you and you like them. and then there's this one. my current boss or employer is awful.
1:31 am
it's not classy, and it will just make you sound bitter if you trash them, negative and petty. so greg, do you have any other tips for people who may be going on job interviews now that the hiring market speeds up? >> positive tips. >> i will say this. i remember when i was much younger looking for work a lot, these stories are the same. they're always the same. they're recycled crap. everybody knows this. everybody knows this.dxnwñ these are the incompetent people that are writing this. don't listen to these people. actually, the most important thing, it's not the questions. it's not the questions you ask, it's how you ask them. the problem with present generations is the english language, saying "like" all the time. when i looked at -- when i was starting to hire editors and writers, i was genuinely interested in how they spoke, and that told me how bright they were. and also, i hate small talk. i like silence. i like people who -- i hire almost all the time. no, but i only hire quiet people. i really do.
1:32 am
because then you know that they're thinking. >> you're making that assumption. >> just don't flirt with me in the interview because that never works. ever. ever. >> ever. >> that's why i didn't hire dobbs. >> oh, my gosh. you have done it now. >> employment tips. >> stay focused. stay positive. none of the negative stuff. as greg points out, this literally could have been a segment 25 years ago on a talk show. and one other thing. if you get turned down, don't take no. go back and say is there another job? maybe it pays less. >> job stalking. >> no, because you just want in. if that's where you want to be, i mean, whatever. yeah, let's leave it at that. >> my advice to y'all is very simple. know a lot about the company before you get in there. that's good. >> that is good. >> i mean, really know. from its stock price to whatever else you need to know about it. then guys, take a shower within a week of the interview.
1:33 am
ladies, forget this conservative dress stuff. you're probably being interviewed by guys. wear some of your best stuff. and the other thing is, i would look over -- it takes some initiative. won't be a wuss. look over and go this company sucks. i could do so much more if you hired me to make this thing work. look at it, your stock prices are down. you've got a bunch of wussy guys from harvard here. come on, i could help you out. >> kimberly, do you have any new tips for interviewers, or would you just like to rebut bob? >> i would say do everything the exact opposite of what -- >> no, i said the serious thing. >> you had one really good one, which was know a lot about the company. i think that's true. when people come here and want an internship, want to work for fox, they can't even tell me what the lineup is of who we've got on. that's a -- not me, but they should know, like, o'reilly and hannity for the love of god. that's a layup. but i do think you should dress the part. like if you want to go in and
1:34 am
get a job, work in a place -- even if you have to make an investment. there's places you can buy clothes not too much. look good. don't go with a big, greasy chipotle stain on your chest. not a short skirt. it depends who you're interviewing with. you don't want them to think you're a liability or a distraction in the workplace. >> he is a distraction and a liability in the workplace. >> every moment of the day. i think yours was really good. i remember my first job interview. it wasn't what i really wanted, but it was a job. and i let them know that i was willing to learn and do whatever it took. and they hired me. and i didn't like it. you just have to get your foot in the door. and then you can move around quickly. >> i have one serious point. those of that you are going to make a lot of money and the economy is up, start your own business. you're not going to make any more unless you're a hedge fund guy. >> you've got to get a little money in the bank first. as summer winds down, we've got something very important to figure out next.
1:35 am
what was the song of summer 2014? the one on the radio that you've been belting out while cruising down the highway and car dancing? every summer has one. we'll tell you our favorites up next.
1:36 am
1:37 am
1:38 am
1:39 am
well, every summer has a standout song sthat you hear on the radio. summer 2012 was "call me maybe." ♪ hey i just met you and this is crazy ♪ ♪ but here's my number ♪ so call me maybe >> last summer it was definitely "blurred lines." ♪ these blurred lines ♪ i know you want it
1:40 am
♪ i know you want it ♪ oh, yeah, you want it ♪ but you're a good girl >> bob's traumatized. >> 2014, here are a few in the running. ♪ i'm so fancy ♪ you already know ♪ why you gotta be so rude ♪ don't you know i'm human too ♪ should be wiser and realize that i've got ♪ ♪ one less problem without you ♪ am i wrong ♪ am i wrong ♪ for thinking that we could be something for real ♪ ♪ oh yeah yeah yeah yeah >> so what are our favorite songs of the summer? maybe you're least favorite? so we're going to go around the table. we picked one. it's so hard. i love summer music. you're just hanging out on the beach having a cocktail and just listen to the music that's playing. probably the one that's going to remind me of summer 2014 the most -- here, we'll play a little piece of it. ♪ won't you stay with me
1:41 am
>> you're joking. >> no, i love that. >> is that really your pick of the summer? >> for the summer, yeah. i absolutely adore that song. >> it's very sensitive of you. >> yeah, it is. it's kind of like romantic or something. >> it came back. you have a drink on the beach, you relax. listen, you know i love classic rock is what i really like. but summer is a little different. >> that's very metrosexual. >> andrea, liven it up. >> i remember seeing you and your wife rocking out to that "rude" song. katy perry. ♪ someday i wish >> because it's awesome. >> so you're going to hear it over and over it's someone's birthday till the end of time. >> that's horrible. >> and also the lorde tennis court song. >> that's good, too. >> this is why we remember to be uplifting and do katy perry radio on pandora instead of --
1:42 am
what was the other stuff? thousand years radio and christina perri. that's not uplifting. >> sounds like eric would like that. >> do you have anything? >> i question the premise because i don't listen to -- who listens to the car radio anymore? every long drive, everybody's doing their own thing. they're on their ipods. i am not literally turned on -- i can't remember the last time i turned on the radio. >> you know, ipod, whatever, pandora. >> i think human beings gravitate towards the things that they liked when they were teenagers. like they find -- like so i listened to a band called the horrors who have a new song called "so you know," which sounds exactly like everything i listened to in the 1980s. ♪ >> i'm surprised. >> this is a huge band. but no, they remind me of every single band from the echo and the bunny men from public image, gang of four, clash. >> two of the greatest things, shazam and pandora. you hear something you like.
1:43 am
shazam, you hear something you like in a restaurant or bar. you put it up and you find out. both of them, right? >> it is life-changing. >> what's on your pandora? >> when i drive my big, bad white ford explorer -- >> you have a white ford explorer? >> yes. >> she's o.j. >> and you can see me coming. you'll call me danica patrick. >> jump out the room. >> yeah, get out of the road. ew, gross! this is the immaturity level of the show, okay? i love the song "fancy." i-g-g-y by ziggy azalea. it's super fun. i know you like it. listen. >> they all sound the same. >> i agree. >> we played this already. >> in the intro, one of our songs of the summer. that's why. it was my choice. >> bob, you're complaining a lot about the songs. >> it's awful. i couldn't name you one song that came out in 2014. i'm proud of it. the last movie i saw was "seabiscuit." it was great. my favorite song of the
1:44 am
summer -- some of you out there will remember this -- this is really when music was great. not these screaming overdrugged vacuous people who couldn't pass a third grade math test. >> ay, ay, ay. >> quiet. here it is, folks. this is a classic. "sealed with a kiss." you don't have it? >> what are you throwing? was that, like, disgusting? >> are you kidding me? you got those crappy songs and you don't have the best one? >> bob, you've got to tell them first before so they have it cued up. >> i told them. >> what was that you were throwing? >> it doesn't matter. >> they want us to go so we have to go. still to come, a lot of people like to think they're forever young, but should there be an age limit on certain activities like partying every night or getting belly rings or twerking? "the five" debates how old is too old to dot, dot, dot. next. bulldog: quarterback takes the snap...
1:45 am
1:46 am
1:47 am
oh, he fakes a handoff and he's making a run... for mattress discounters fall kickoff sale! right now, save up to $300 on sealy posturepedic and serta mattress sets. even get 24 months interest-free financing on every tempur-pedic. you're going to love their football field-size selection. this calls for a little touchdown dance. don't miss the fall kickoff sale at mattress discounters.
1:48 am
♪ mattress discounters ♪ my memory has just been sold
1:49 am
♪ my april gngel is the centerf♪ ♪ my angel is the centerfold ♪ my love runs cold like many things have an expiration date like milk cartons, coupons and even us. we want to ask the question how hold is too old to do certain things? for instance, how old is too old to go clubbing? what about couch surfing? a friend's place instead of getting a hotel. and then there's selfies. how old is too old to take those? and my personal favorite, how old is too old to go to a conservative miley cyrus concert? eric, you go to all those things. you've done all those things, right? >> maybe certain times of my life i did all those. not now. so the thing is how old is too old? maybe not necessarily those, but i think beer funnels around 25 years old, you stop doing beer funnels. around 30, guys, stop wearing jerseys of the teams you love unless you're at the game. if you're at the game, it's okay. but when you're out at the park or out to dinner, definitely
1:50 am
don't be wearing that. as far as talking about your conquests from years in the past, maybe 20 years ago you could have stopped doing that. >> mine are still good. go ahead. andrea. >> okay. too old to wear fluorescent nail polish. >> did you just say dana? >> no, i was thinking about dana being straight. go ahead. >> fluorescent nail polish. i think the cutoff is 40, right? >> for nail polish? >> bright-colored fluorescent nail polish. i think if you want to go clubbing, go clubbing, but i think you should probably cut it off at 60. forever 21, don't shop there. no woman is forever 21. getting a belly ring. i was just thinking about this. >> don't do it. >> no, i was wondering how old is too old. maria menounos has one and she looks great at 35. >> 58. >> you with one. >> how old is too old? >> in terms of clubbing, you should never do that. those animals don't deserve to die. i don't understand, you people are monsters. >> disgusting.
1:51 am
>> have you seen the videos? it's disgusting. you know what? imagine time travel, a man from the 1960s arrives to see a city street of casually dressed modern men, how horrified they would be to see baggy shorts, the faded t-shirts, sandals, the wallet chain. everyone dresses like german kids at fat camp. >> stop doing it after the age of 30. >> we've gotten so casual. now we dress in uniforms. >> what about you? >> i'm trying to understand. >> you're forever young. >> to understand this one. couch surf instead of getting a hotel. i mean, that means like kato kael kaelin, like stay on someone's couch? >> i'm going to go in san francisco for the weekend. you mind if i crash at your place? you're supposed to say no, you're 30. get a hotel. >> first of all, i don't know what you said to me. i think it was don't blow this segment. don't say anything bad. i won't. i'll say this. the one thing you're too old to do is please, please don't get
1:52 am
tattoos. i'm going to start bob's tattoo removal parlor because all you people with tattoos, particularly women with names of their boyfriends in places is crazy. and they're all going to sink. and i'm going to wipe them all out and make millions of dollars. don't get tattoos. it's ridiculous. look at the dudes that make tattoos. they all look like a bunch of -- >> don't you think people should stop having roommates after a certain age? >> yes. >> no, no, no. >> 25? >> i think 25. >> yeah. like guys that have roommates two, three. please. >> last year. >> what are you talking about? >> i thought you had a lot of roomma roommates. "one more thing" is up next. i've got to add that, right? without swearing.
1:53 am
1:54 am
1:55 am
hi. it's time now for "one more thing." and there is a twist on this labor day as summer winds down. each of us are going to share some of our favorite things we did this season beginning with eric. >> a couple of very quick pictures. bring up the first one. we put this huge massive flag up on the beach house. we absolutely love that thing. you can see it for miles. everyone's talking about that. but here's the best place on the planet out on the east coast. the long beach island. some great friends. who's back there? >> i wonder, who is that? that's me. >> we had some great times at the black whale, summer 2014. >> oh, there you are. got the hat on. whoo! >> that was a fun night. >> oh, man. so many favorite summer moments. but i think the best one had to be the pool party at lou dobbs's house in the hamptons. hammer and ducey were doing strip tequila shots with john scott. it got really ugly, a little violent. they end up throwing up in the hot tub. stuart varney pumped shep in the
1:56 am
face for stealing his pitcher of sangr sangria. the high point was when hannity beat o'reilly in ping-pong and they were using a faberge egg as a ball. >> all dudes. >> all dudes. we don't need ladies to have fun. >> okay, gotcha. >> that was really interesting man party situation. >> it's called a marty. male party. >> male party. >> illegal citizen. >> no. are you kidding me? >> yeah. >> every one of them was -- >> all right, we've got andrea up next. >> i couldn't pick up a favorite moment. i had tons of them. let's see some of the photos. i don't know, went to bermuda in june. that was really fun. that's the view from new jersey where i have a cute little beach place not too far. >> who's this? >> that's a summer selfie. >> that's andrea. >> spent time in the hamptons, too. definitely long beach island, new jersey. on bolling's porch there. his wife took that picture. it was a great picture. awesome.
1:57 am
there we are. that's with her having some fun. great summer. freedom tour 2014, baby. >> go ahead. >> freedom and it feels so good! >> did you do yours already? >> no, you're next. >> i'm next? first of all, i didn't get to go to the beach because andrea and eric didn't invite me to theirs, and you didn't invite me to your place in the hamptons. greg's the only one that doesn't have one. i wouldn't invite me either to a party. >> oh. >> i'm only kidding. my most fun and the show because this really is my life, this show. it's the only thing i do. well, it's not true. but i went down during the world cup soccer, which i find the most unbelievably boring sport. and i went down to a big soccer bar and here's footage of some of these dudes and women i talked to. do we have it? >> that's it. >> oh, there's no sound? >> no. >> oh, i see. i don't get my song and i don't get my sound. >> we're running out of time. we always had great summers.
1:58 am
and i love to spend time in the hatcht hamptons with my boy. there he is playing tennis in the backyard, raising him to be very sporty. there he is in the morning getting on the bus in my yoga pants but i don't go to yoeg ba. there you go, gene simmons and his tongue, most memorable tv moment of the 2014 summer so far, so good. i want to thank you for joining us on this labor day. see you right back here tomorrow. "special report" is up next. >> it is tuesday, september 2nd. a fox news alert. a flame packed with people makes an emergency landing because of this. what caused that airplane's windshield to shatter? >> the fbi now on the case after
1:59 am
celebrities are exposed in a hack attack. what we have learned about the mysterious suspect. >> this bud is for you. an entire town taken over by budweiser. why it is leaving those residents with a sour taste? "fox & friends first" starting right now. ♪ >> good morning to you. you are watching "fox & friends first" on this tuesday morning. the second day of september if you can believer it. >> thank you for starting this tuesday off with us. breaking overnight a mid air emergency. the front windshield of a plane packed with people shattered.
2:00 am
take a look at this picture taken by a passenger. the american airlines flight bound for dallas fort worth when the glass crashed. the pilot immediately turned the plain around. no one was injured and passengered were put on a different flight. >> a plane diverted the plane was heading from new york to west palm beach when a passenger tried to reklein in her seat. the woman sitting hined her got mad because she was trying to sleep on her tray table. the two got into a heated argument. the one woman insisted on getting off of the plane forcing it to land in jacksonville where she was escorted off. >> she said i don't care about the consequences, put this plane down now. >> this is the third clash over rekleining seats in recent weeks. as week
left
right

68 Views

disc Borrow a DVD of this show
info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on